Friday, February 3, 2012

Don't count your muffins until they're baked

Yesterday I wrote about my creative outlet and how baking and cooking has become just that.
I wrote about how I wanted to bake cinnamon muffins - I'm not entirely sure why I chose to bake cinnamon ones but I did.  I think it had to do with a slight craving for gingerbread cookies (I'm the WORST at baking cookies, fyi).

They turned out quite delicious, when heated up and buttered up.  If you don't like your muffins heated and buttered, well you're truly missing out.

Anyhow, I suppose I should get on with the recipe, hey?

The Recipe:
1 cup                                   flour
3/4 teaspoon        baking powder
1/4 teaspoon             baking soda
1 teaspoon                    cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon                        ginger
a teansy bit of allspice 
a teansy bit of cloves (1 or 2 or 3?)
1/4 teaspoon                            salt
1/4 cup                       brown sugar 
2                                             eggs
2             tablespoons maple syrup
3-6 tablespoons                       milk  
2 tablespoons                        butter

Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
Ready with all of your ingredients?  Okay!  Blend all dry ingredients together.  
Add all liquid-y ingredients to the dry.
MIX.
Grease up your baking pan, I used butter, but it's completely up to you (Pam, cooking oil -work just as fine).  
Spoon batter approximately 2/3s full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Done!

-Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment