Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mini NY Cheesecakes

Okay, I lied.  This definitely is NOT a Turkish recipe.  Far from it.  C'mon though!  Who doesn't love a good cheesecake once in a while!?  I know sure do.  So, I decided to make some.  

As you've probably noticed, I'm super into baking cupcakes.  Why?  I really don't know.  Aside from them being tiny cups of delicious.  And aside from just purchasing new, gorgeous paper liners - which I absolutely had to use at some point this weekend.

I decided to go with a plain cheesecake, as I haven't made cheesecake before, I figured "why complicate the recipe and mess up??"  When in reality, I could have just as easily buggered up this recipe as well.  Regardless, I went for it.

This had to be one of the EASIEST cupcakes I have EVER made.  Not even kidding, not one bit.  

The Recipe
Crust
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons             graham crackers, crushed
3 1/3 tablespoons                      powdered sugar
1/2 cup                                     melted butter

Filling
2 1/4 cups                                 soft cream cheese
1/2 cup                                     sugar
1 1/3 cups                                 chopped white chocolate
1/2 cup                                     whipping cream
1 tablespoon                             corn starch

Topping
1/4 cup                                     finely chopped almonds

The Preparation

1.  Preheat your oven to 275°.  Insert paper liners into cupcake pan.
2.  Prepare the crust - mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter.  Tightly pack a full table spoon into each of the cupcake tins.  Freeze for approximately 10 minutes.
3.  Prepare the filling - mix cream cheese, sugar and eggs into a smooth mixture.
4.  In a small saucepan, melt the white chocolate and whipping cream, gradually adding the corn starch.
5.  Beat the melted chocolate mixture with the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
6.  Carefully pour the batter over the graham cracker crust, filling each one approximately three-quarters full..  For this step I always use an ice cream scoop - no spills, no mess:)
7.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cupcakes are firm at the sides and pretty much set in the centre.
8.  Remove from the oven, cool - keep refrigerated.
9.  Garnish with your choice of topping, I chose chopped up almonds!





No comments:

Post a Comment