Thursday, February 2, 2012

Creative outlet!

What have I been up to the past couple of days??  I feel like I haven't written in eons.  Which I know is completely untrue but it just feels that way.  No judging, kay?  My couple of days have consisted of absolutely nothing really, aside from feeling ill.  Ill due to homework and headaches, which I haven't really had in while.  I guess it was about time.

I've realized something though.  Going a couple of days without cooking or baking kills me.  Accounting isn't a creative course, it's a straight forward balanced out course (with a few grey areas).  So where do I let out my thoughts and creativity?  Aside from this mini-blog, I cook and I bake.  As well as a couple of DIY things I have going on.  BUT ---when I don't do anything creative for a couple of days, I'm not myself.  I'm grumpy and mean.

In order to save some of my friends from a whiny bitch fest, I decided to bake.  I swear, I did it for my friends, no one else!  Just kidding.  Clearly, I needed a way to get some "colour" into my life, the bleak black and white world of accounting and business math just wasn't cutting it for me.

Rather than baking a cake, or the miniature kind I adore OH SO MUCH (cupcakes, if you didn't get it;)).  I decided to bake muffins.  It's been years and years since I've baked muffins.  Shocking.

I decided to go with something different, not typical blueberry muffins that I tend to run towards, but instead, cinnamon muffins with a sugary glaze topped with walnut scraps.  They sound good, eh?  I thought so too.

Keep reading for the up-coming recipe and pictures :).

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment