Tuesday, January 31, 2012

eggs IN toast.

I woke up this morning, feeling kind of....grumpy.  All I've done lately is school, school, school.  Aside from baking. But things just seem very, boring?  Yeah, I'd say that's the right word.  Boring.  Maybe even repetitive.

So, I thought I'd change it up a little bit.  I'm not morning food person.  Actually, that could almost be deemed a lie.  I love pancakes and waffles and bowls of delicious fruit, even oatmeal.  Not bland oatmeal, oatmeal with maple syrup and brown sugar, or apple cinnamon.  Mmm.  However, when it comes to eggs and cereal.  I gag.  I don't know why, but eggs, especially eggs, make me want to throw up.  I don't mind so much if they're covered in stuff to the point that I can't taste that gross eggy taste, but if they're not.  Gross.

You're probably thinking "Okay?  I swear I see eggs in the picture....".  Well, you do.  I was reading a blog last night, in bed, when I ended up coming across a woman around my age saying she used to hate eggs, but she decided to give them another shot.  In my mind I was thinking, "Oh my!  How bold of her!!!" (no sarcasm!!).  It made me realize that I haven't had eggs in years.  And if she could do it, so could I!

Yeah, ...no.  I made myself eggs and toast.  Eggs IN toast.  I made them all pretty, cut out stars in each and even topped them off with salt, pepper and feta.  They looked good and I was excited!

Big mistake.  Gag gag gag.  I'm not an egg person.  I cannot do it.  I can't venture out of my comfort zone, which I thought I could do.  I like trying different things, different foods, different drinks.  Eggs are just not my thing.

If you have any suggestions on how I could POSSIBLY become an egg enthusiast, let me know.  Otherwise...

Forever an egg hater,
-D

PS
I did finish one whole piece of egg in toast.  Just to let you know:).

No comments:

Post a Comment