Friday, January 27, 2012

Mason Jars

I can't go a day without coffee.  Ever.  When I do, come 6 o'clock, I go through major withdrawals.  My withdrawals don't consist of a million symptoms, just one.  A headache.  No, actually, THE headache.  This headache is so awful that I can't leave the house, let alone walk from point a to point b in the house.  I'm paralyzed.  Sad, isn't it?  

My coffee addiction today was satisfied.  Just as the coffee maker beeped at me to let me know "hey, hellooo, I'm ready", I realized that I didn't have a clean mug - and the dishwasher was running.  I looked at where all of our mugs and glasses are, nothing, nada.  I was in absolutely no mood to burn my hand whilst using a water glass.  No, sirry!  Then it dawned on me, "that mason jar is the same size as my regular coffee cup AND it won't burn me".  Sheer happiness.  I know you're probably thinking, "why didn't she just grab a dirty mug and wash it???".  Well, ya see, I was just beyond lazy.  Worst case scenario, I would have definitely cleaned one up.  

The mason jar coffee cup, indeed, was a success.  I got my daily dose and was drinking out of glass wear that I am seriously drawn to.  I've got bunches of mason jars in my room.  They hold my pens, pencils, paint brushes as well as some of my paints.  They're even in my bathroom, keeping my cotton puffs and q-tips nice and clean.  

My next DIY project, which I stumbled on to via Pinterest (as usual), will consist of a mason jar; sand, dirt, rocks, or all; and a candle.  A mason jar lantern, brilliant isn't it?!  Here's the link, Make it Do by Calli.  She's got some pretty great "make it do" projects.  This by far being my favourite.  Cannot wait to try them out!

Oh, also, I do plan to use this INSIDE and outside.  I'll probably make a couple just as candle holders :).

Homework beckons once again.  
-D.

PS
As I was on the Flipboard app on my iPhone, I came across the cuppow!  Oh the endless possibilities for mason jars ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment