Thursday, January 26, 2012

The morning after

It's out!  It's out!  What you may ask?  Well, if you're just tuning in, I suppose I should explain my excitement.  The sock bun is out.  I woke up this morning, after an incredibly rested sleep, brushed my teeth, put my face on and decided "Okay, it's time, now or never!" and removed my hair that was in the sock bun (kind of reminded me of a donut, really pretty and vintage ;)).

My verdict?  It's absolutely awesome.  If you're like me, and hate the tedious task of actually using flat-irons and curling irons then this is the method for you.  I will say this though, I should have been a little more tidy with some of the pieces I tucked into the bun, there are a couple of pieces that look like I just got electrocuted.  Majority of my hair is gorgeous, big and small curls, definitely a natural look.  

Although it's said to be an overnight method, I really don't see why it can't be an all day method.  By this I mean that if you know you've got plans later on.... Wake up, shower, blow dry your hair just so it's damp enough (NOT SOAKING) and just put your hair up in the bun.  I mean sure it looks a little silly, totally old school and like something old women would stile there hair like but in all honest, it's not like walking out with curlers in your hair, hehe. Besides, no one can see the sock!  


So there ya have it, the sock bun worked it's magic and my hair is pretty and wavy and curly.  I'm pretty impressed and happy.  Homework beckons.  

-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment