Friday, December 9, 2011

Rosary

For the last little while I have been looking for the right shade of red lipstick or lipgloss.  Everything I have tried on just didn't have that OOMF! I was looking for.  Or, to be quite honest, it just wasn't the prettiest red - on me at least.  However, my hunt came to an end last night.  Hooray!  I've never really looked at any of the Kat Von D cosmetics, aside from her tattoo cover up - which by the way is fantastic - but when I tried on the Painted Love lipgloss in Rosary, I was sold.  I don't know what my huge fascination with red lips is.  But if you're looking for a darker shade of red, I HIGHLY recommend this colour.  It's not too dark, but it's not obnoxious candy-apple red (which, lets be honest, most people can't pull off).  It's more of a....dark burgundy.  Red is a very difficult colour, in the worst of cases it can make the wearer's teeth look disgustingly yellow and unkempt.  Not a look most of us are going for, yes?  Lol.  Anyways!  This lipgloss cost me $18 (sans tax) last night, but it's now going for half price!  Available in Homegirl as well as Prayer.  Homegirl is listed as more of a dark plummy brown and Prayer is a mauve brown.  In case you were wondering :)
After a month of looking, I can happily wake up in the morning, shower, get ready and throw on my red lipgloss.  I don't know how long I'll be in this phase for, I'm enjoying the Hispanic flare for now.  Besides, if you know me, and you're reading this...You know that I don't wear a lot of colour, so this bit is a nice change.  At least that's my point of view and lets be honest, as long as I'm happy - most people around me are too.  So, modest moment recap?  The littlest of things can make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment